At Gochip Pet Technology Inc. (“Gochip”, “we”, “us” or “our”), we believe that you should understand the way in which we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
WHO WE ARE?
Gochip is a company incorporated in British Columbia. We make hardware and software to revolutionize animal identification and provide effective tools for animal tracking, disease mitigation, and digital licensing.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. Information you voluntarily provide to us
We collect the information that you voluntarily provide to us, when you sign up for an account on the Site, communicate with us, sign up for your news update, or in any other way submit information to us. The information we collect may include your name, email address, phone number, shipping address, payment information, as well as the contents of any communications you send to us.
2. Website User Information
We may automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, and similar technologies like single-pixel GIFs and web beacons (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we may collect information such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, web pages viewed while visiting our site, links clicked, length of time spent on our website, and reference website from which you accessed our website. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our website and to understand more about the demographics of our users. In gathering this information we are able to enhance your experience when visiting our website.
A "cookie" is a text file that is sent to your computer or device and from your computer each time you use our website. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to disable them. Although this may provide you with enhanced anonymity, it may affect
the functioning of our website. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
3. Information about minors
We do not knowingly collect personal information about any person under 18 years of age, unless such personal information is provided to us through the consent of the minor’s parent(s) or guardian(s). Otherwise, under no circumstances should a minor or his or her parent or guardian submit a minor’s personal information to us for any reason.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW IS IT USED?
We primarily use the information that you provide to us to administer and deliver our products and services to you, respond to your enquiries, and/or send you our promotional material (if you have signed up for it). To the extent that we receive feedback on our products and services, we may use that information for internal business purposes, such as to improve those products and services.
More particularly, we may use your information as follows:
• Preferences and requirements information: We use this information to help you select products and services and to accommodate your preferences and requirements.
• Contact information: We use this information to communicate with you through channels such as email, online message and chat to respond to inquiries, to provide you with information about our products and services, to provide you with ongoing support relating to our products and services, to facilitate shipping and product delivery process, to notify you about the status of your purchase, and to send you promotional material if you have consented to receiving same.
• Payment information: We use this information to manage contracts with you including, without limitation, to process payments and to facilitate and manage registrations, incentive programs, and purchases.
• Information automatically collected through your use of our website: We use this information to assess the use and evaluate the performance of our website, to fix performance errors, to troubleshoot technical difficulties, to offer customer support, to develop and improve content and services, and to improve our visitors’ online experience.
In addition to the above, we may use your personal information when required to comply with applicable laws, to prevent fraud, or for other purposes that we may communicate to you from time to time.
HOW DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your personal information may be accessed by or disclosed to our employees who have a need to know such information. Such employees may include marketing staff, managers, and subject matter experts who are knowledgeable on matters related to your enquiry.
We do not sell your personal information, or disclose it to any third party marketers. However, information may be shared or disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
1. Service Providers
There are certain services supplied to us by third parties. Currently, the only service providers that we use who may have access to or possession of the personal information that we collect, store and process, are:
• Shipping partners located in Canada that deliver products to you on our behalf; • Payment processors located in Canada that processes payments on our behalf; and
Please note that some of these service providers store information in the Europe, and as such, your personal information may be accessible to foreign courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in the United States.
As our business grows, we may choose to use other service providers in Canada or elsewhere. When we engage a third party service provider to do work for us, we confirm that its privacy and security standards meet our requirements.
2. Affiliated entities
3. Business Transactions
We may be involved, from time to time, in transactions to sell all or part of our business or assets or merge with other businesses (“Business Transaction”). Certain information may be relevant to such transactions, in which case we may disclose this information to other parties involved in the transaction. In such cases, the information that is shared is limited to what is necessary to accomplish the transaction, and we take appropriate steps to protect the information from improper use or disclosure. Upon completion of the transaction, your information may be transferred to the purchaser, to be used in the same manner that it was used by us.
4. Legal Requirements
There are circumstances where we may collect, use or disclose personal information without notice or consent when required by law or lawful authority. For example, from time to time, we may be compelled by legal action to release information (e.g., statutory reporting obligation, search warrant, court order, bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings etc.). In certain circumstances, we may also be permitted by law to collect, use or disclose information without the consent of the individual concerned. For example, we may disclose personal information without consent to investigate a potential breach of law or contract, to collect on a debt, or in certain emergency situations that threaten the life, health or security of an individual.
5. When you direct us to do so
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We protect personal information that you provide to us by limiting access to employees with a need to know the information, and selecting service providers that implement appropriate protections to safeguard the confidentiality and security of the information that they process on our behalf.
Although we take the steps outlined above to safeguard the personal information under our control, “perfect security” does not exist. In particular, without limitation, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us via email. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information. If you think someone is impersonating Gochip, that there has been a breach of your privacy, or you believe that you are the victim of fraud, please contact us as soon as possible.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally keep personal information for only as long as it is needed to accomplish the purposes for which it was collected, unless we are permitted by law to retain the information longer for a legal or business purpose.
You can contact us at any time, for reasons such as:
• to access, correct or update your personal information;
• to obtain written information about our policies and practices with respect to service providers outside Canada, or to ask questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by our service providers outside Canada; and
• to withdraw consent to continued use and disclosure of personal information.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail sent to:
Attn: Bobby Lohcham
101-1600 Quadra St. Victoria, BC V8W 2L3